This policy will help ensure that all personal information is properly collected, used only for the purposes for which it is collected, and is irretrievably disposed of in a secure and timely manner when it is no longer needed
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, payment information and other contact information if you register for an event or purchase a ticket to a performance.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Livermore Valley Arts including the Bankhead Theater and Bothwell Arts Center. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Donor Personal Information
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our patrons and donors to anyone, except for our everyday business purposes, or as permitted by law. Any contractor or service provider that receives Livermore Valley Arts’ information must agree to strict parameters that limit the use of the data and serve a legitimate business purpose for that information.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations. On occasion, The Bankhead’s resident companies may include performance and event information in our mailings to LVA donors. Your personal information is not shared with our resident companies unless you instruct us to do so.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Custody and Care of Personal Information
- The personal information in our possession shall be kept accurate and up-to-date. Donors who wish to avoid any public recognition may inform Livermore Valley Arts when making a pledge, contribution or gift. This request for anonymity shall be honored until you inform us otherwise.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, please contact us in writing at Livermore Valley Arts Development Department, 2400 First Street, Livermore, CA 94550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees, contractors and service providers who have a legitimate business purpose for that information, such as employees who need that information to provide services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- All employees of Livermore Arts are required to sign an Employee Acknowledgement as part of the Employee Handbook.
Sharing or Selling to Third Parties
Updated May 7, 2022